Monday, December 9, 2013

Sentimental Me



            Sentimental might as well be my middle name. I look back on the past often, sometimes with fondness and other times with a cringe. On low days, I look back on the good times of yesteryear and wish it was still that time, because I would enjoy it so much more and make it that much better. Sans time machine, this isn’t going to happen, but then I realized something else. It’s not like I planned those times out. I didn’t walk into them thinking they were going to be as wonderful as they were, or if I did I grossly underestimated them. So what does that mean? Good times can happen again, and even better than before. You just have to be open to them.
            Every day is a new slate. It’s a new chance to be fantastic and to forge strong memories that warm you on a dark day. Every new day is a chance to make a new path and to be the person you always wanted to be.
            On that same thread, I have another chance to make some memories with the coming midnight premiere of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. My crew and I are planning a meal together, a ride through some pretty lights, and then the movie. When you’re surrounded by the people you chose to call your own, where can you possibly go wrong? In the meantime though, there’s the rest of the week to get through. A week filled with possibilities, if only you’re open to seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment