Thursday, May 15, 2014

Make this place home



            It’s like hovering over the starting line, just waiting for the trigger to be pulled. There’s the rest of this work day, putting together my strawberry shortcake, and then a half work day tomorrow, followed by a wedding. It’s all standing between me and hauling furniture around.
            Can I be moving furniture now?
            It’s not that I’m not excited about the wedding. This couple is way past due, more so than Bear and I. I’m thrilled they’re finally doing this, but the past two weeks have been a flurry of activity and this is the last hurtle before we can finally focus on moving. Moving has been all I’ve been able to think about. I’m 23 and about to move into my very first place with the man I love. Can you blame me for being anxious?
            Especially at work where, you know, it seems to be the only place time actually slows down these days.
            Have I mentioned the fact I’m going to have an office? An actual office. With its own door and curtains and everything. It may also turn into storage for overspill from our bedroom, but that’s cool. It’s still an office. A real place to go and write and shut out the rest of the world.
            As soon as we get moved in and settled, with some time to recover from the chaos of the last month or two, I’m going to stir it right back up by throwing a house warming party. A home is not a home without memories being made after all.
            What’s some memories you have of your first place?


My "Welcome" mat. From my college days.

No comments:

Post a Comment