Monday, May 13, 2013

Oops, I just kicked down the broom closet door!



            Over and over again I’ve hit this point and toed the line, peeking over the edge of the cliff only to back away at the last minute. I finally decided I’m not doing it anymore. I have had two Facebook accounts for a year and a half now, because I wanted a safe place to post about things most people take for granted: my faith. I suppose you could say I wanted to have a safe place to express myself where I wouldn’t have to fear others’ judgment, namely my family. However, I’ve reached the point where I don’t care anymore. Honestly, I have too much crap going on in my life right now to worry about something like this. If people do not like or cannot deal with this, then they have no place in my life or on my Facebook friends list.
            I’m Pagan. I am not Christian and haven’t been for several years. I believe in the Goddess, I am her daughter. I’m not a witch because I do not actively focus my energy in a ritualistic setting to achieve a goal, that is magic. The closest I come is when I pray to Goddess. I look to her for guidance, I feel her strength in times of trial, and her blessings shine down on me every day. I believe she holds my loved ones in the summerlands until we can be reunited. She watches over us all.
            I believe darkness exists in the world, but in my faith, there is no devil. For every good thing, there must be bad, a balance of the world we live in. I follow the wheel of the year with the eight sabbats, going in order with most recent: Beltane, Litha, Lughnasadh, Mabon, Samhain, Yule, Imbolc, Ostara. The solstices and equinoxes, plus four major points of the year. It all revolves around the changing seasons.
            Some Christians cry that they are being persecuted. All I have to say is this: Until you know what it’s like to have to watch what you say and to whom you say it, forever walking the line of who will accept you and reject you purely based on your faith, you know nothing. Pagan Coming Out Day was May 2nd, that is when I should have done this. But I suppose you cannot plan when you will finally say I’ve had enough.
            This really does not change much. Except I’m going to stop switching back and forth between Kel and my real account, posting about things I believe in only on Kel and keeping the surface things confined to my real account. That ends. If I offend, they say that means I’m doing something right, but I’m done keeping it to myself and a select group.
            If you have any questions, I’ll be happy to answer and engage in a conversation with you. I respect the right of all to express their faith, but I do not and will not accept being treated like crap because you disagree with the higher power I believe in. Do not try to convert me, you will waste your breath. I’m happy on my path. It has taught me to let things go that don’t deserve my energy and to accept when my first reaction might be to reject, and I’m learning all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment