Monday, November 4, 2013

Let Go and Live



            Following your dreams takes a type of bravery similar to what it takes when you step away from the majority religion to follow your own path. The both of them can be lonely roads at first, and every twist and turn is a deeply personal trial. They can both be terrifying as well.
            When I walked away from Christianity, I felt terror. Terror that I was wrong, and I would be punished for it. I grew up in the Bible Belt, with the Bible thumpers who preached fire and brimstone just as much as love and caring for thy neighbor. Even when you realize you belong on another path, it’s hard to let go of something that’s been in your head your entire life. Eventually though, I had to let it go. I had to let it go and trust in my path, that I would not be punished for being true to myself. Now, I’ve grown and learned on this road and the only thing I fear from my god and goddess is…nothing. They made me the way I am, they are the seasons and the balance of this world, for better and for worse. What will be, will be and they will always be there.
            In truth, every day is a new beginning, and when you’re chasing something, you may need every fresh start you can get your hands on. It is a scary road you’re on, and that’s okay. But when you’re following your dream, it becomes like stepping away from one path and onto another. At first, you think you’re all alone, and eventually you realize you’re not. Even if he is three hours away right now, I’m not alone. I can call my Bear any hour of the day or night and he will be there for me. Even if it’s nearly midnight and I’m sobbing in an empty parking lot, he will be there.
            Count your blessings. It’s more than a saying. Let go of fear and do what you need to do. And that’s your weekly wisdom from the Kelswitch. Happy Monday and have a fabulous week. Kel, over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment