Monday, April 28, 2014

X is for Xbox



            X is for Xbox.
            Through all the complaints and smack talk, one by one, my fellow gamers are falling to the Xbox One. And Saturday I was contemplating saving up for a newer edition of the 360. I never said I was with it.
            The biggest game that seems to be getting people to “upgrade” is Titanfall and the new Elder Scrolls Online, due out later this year. Bear wants an Xbone just for ESO. The good thing about Bear is he doesn’t mind sharing. For the longest time, my Xbox account was on his hard drive. We shared. Split screened. And that was cool. So I wouldn’t have to go for the upgrade to next gen console anytime soon. Believe me, I wasn’t planning on it anyway.
            If I’m like this in my twenties, I can only imagine how I will be when I really am old and stubborn.
            Xbox 360 has been good to my gamer clan. There’s been stuff we’ve cussed, but you would never know by the amount of hours we’ve all logged online. It’s been a great way to stay in touch with our friends and make new ones. Bear and I are not too fond of playing with/adding people we don’t know in real life, but one in particular earned his place in our hall of fond memories on the 360, right before he passed away.
            The amazing thing there was a connection to someone we never met, who made us laugh as we all played together, and when he’s gone, he’s got that many more people to remember him.
            Gaming has its downsides, but it certainly makes up for them on those late, late nights when everyone is in a party, talking about everything and nothing, or just enjoying kicking some virtual ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment