Saturday, May 31, 2014

Wash Before Use



            And here I am thinking I want to begin working towards an honest to Gods career of freelance writing. Ha! I can’t even keep up with my blog these days, or the freelance gig I already have. But things have been crazy here lately. If you recall, dear reader, my car got hit two weeks ago. It just went into the shop this week, Thursday in fact. In the meantime, I’ve been driving my mom’s van. Well, on Thursday, the battery light came on. Turns out, the alternator was dead as a doornail and the battery wasn’t far behind.
            Can we get a break now? Please?
            I drove my dad’s big boy truck to work Friday, which was an experience. I don’t know if I’m just imagining things or if that many people really did do a double take and stare at the little girl driving a Ford F-250. Really, people? Or was it that I was driving it, and there was not a ding on the truck to be seen?
            There was a girl in high school who drove a big truck, one probably even bigger than my dad’s. Well, suffice to say, before it was over and done with, that truck had a few scrapes and bruises for its trouble. I’m not saying women can’t drive, but putting a 16 year old behind the wheel of something that big was kind of stupid. As for me, I’ve driven a little, low to the ground Mustang since I was 16. I’m woman enough to admit that truck was slightly out of my league.
            But I stepped up to the plate and walked away without a scratch. Ha! I am woman, hear me roar!
            I’ll probably go back to driving the van on Monday. Another week of work and making money to pay the bills. Is this adulthood? And the pile of dishes I still need to wash in the sink?
            I spent the better part of last Saturday night washing dishes in our new place. It wasn’t that they were dirty, but it was a set of dishes given to me by my grandmother that’s been sitting in the building since November. Wash before use, dude. Along with everything else that we just got which needed the dust knocked off it. And the pile magically reappeared.
            Remind me again why it seems I don’t have time to write anymore. Not to mention, I still haven’t gotten my office straightened out. I’ll probably work on that today.
            I’m not complaining. In fact, I think a small part of me is relishing the madness. Regardless of how messy things are, it’s a sign of how far Bear and I have come in a just a couple of months. And we’re just getting started. 

 Just for fun....


No comments:

Post a Comment