Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Post Election...Thank the Gods!



            For all intents and purposes, the 2012 election is done, and I must say praise Goddess for that! I have seen entirely too much bashing from BOTH sides and it dawned on me tonight that this is the first election where I’ve seen so many reactions from people I know and love  so quickly, thank you Facebook and Twitter. That’s as exciting as it is disturbing, just because of the reactions I’ve seen.
            I tried to honor the ladies who fought for me to have the right to vote, exercising that privilege on a cold Tuesday morning at a local elementary school. I did my part, for better or worse and I honestly believe that both candidates had pros and cons. Now I hope and pray that our country has made the right choice and that we will not be run any further into the ground. The funny thing there is that people seem to forget that the President does not do it by himself. There’s this group of old farts called Congress and sometimes, just sometimes, they have a hand in the making and passing of our laws. But I never hear about the race for the U.S. Senate or the House of Representatives, chew on that for a minute.
            My biggest issue with this election has been the bashing I’ve seen from both sides, the Romney and Obama supporters. If you vote for Romney, you’re anti-woman, anti-gay, and apparently helping to bring the burning times down on Pagans. On the other hand, if you vote for Obama, you have no sense of money or where it comes from and you are effectively taking away Christian rights or voting for the devil, whichever. I’m not saying whether or not I agree with ANY of that, I’m just reporting what I’ve seen on Facebook and Twitter. It has been very annoying over the last few weeks and I hope that after last night, I’ve seen the end of it.
            Where the Kelswitch stands at this point in time is for hope. Hope that somehow, we do move forward into a better future, one that does not involve tripling the national debt, again. As with many other things, we’ve done what we can and now we just have to sit back and hope for the best, continuing to live our lives the only way we know how. So please be nice to your neighbor, even if you disagree on who was the right man to lead this nation. If it does all blow up, he may be the only person you have left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment