Friday, February 14, 2014

My Snowed In Valentine!



            Happy Valentine’s Day! I trust everyone is having a good Friday after such a crazy week. I don’t know about y’all, but we got snowed in! The snow was beautiful, but eventually turned to ice which puts a damper on things. We were fortunate enough to not lose power and today the sun is shining down on a white earth. And the front door is still blocked.
            Snow is such an oddity. In the south, we only get it every now and again, but when it does come, it can create such a calamity. This storm in particular had half the state shut down, it seems. It’s beautiful and magical, but most people do not like to see it come. That could easily become a metaphor for life in general, but I don’t feel like going there today.
It looks like Sasquatch came through.

            This marks two weeks since Shadows Rising was published and the next projects are well underway. I’m also playing with some ideas for super short freebies, so we’ll see where that goes. This week saw my second freelance piece published in the local paper too.
            Given recent events and the need for me to focus on works in progress, I think I’m going to drop the Kelswitch back down to one post a week. I enjoy writing on Fridays, but I’m finding myself struggling to come up with something to write about and I should be focused on getting these projects finished. I’ve set a deadline for one project within the first week of April, but I hope I can have it done before then. There’s also a blogging event going on in April that I want to participate in, so the Kelswitch will be posting like never before when that rolls around.
            Whether or not you have a special someone, I hope you find something to smile about today. It’s a gorgeous day in the Carolinas and a wonderful time to be alive. Kelswitch, over and out. 
"Snow" in the south.

No comments:

Post a Comment