Sunday, April 20, 2014

Q is for Quitting



            Q is for Quitting, just to say it is (almost) never an option.
            There have been a few things in my life that I’ve quit. I quit FBLA my junior year of high school. I quit practicing guitar sometime in middle school. I quit being an education major my third semester of college. I quit clogging when I was almost too young to even remember it. Those memories are awfully fuzzy.
            From that short list, I only wish I hadn’t quit practicing guitar, but that can be remedied any time I wish. I almost wish I had stuck with FBLA (Future Business Leaders of America). I enjoyed the hell out of it my freshman year, but the next year, I took an officer position which kind of burned me out on it. And when my junior year rolled around, I had other things on my mind. AP classes, college preparation, and all that jazz.
            I’ve never quit writing. It’s been a big constant in my life since fourth grade. No matter what I’m doing, where I’m at, I’m writing on something. Even when I had decided I didn’t want to be published and was looking into other career options, I was still writing for myself. And look where I’m at now. Writing freelance for the paper. Keeping up this blog. Working on the first novel in a series. The former two kind of happened by accident.
            Is there something you love that you don’t want to quit? What kind of challenges have you faced that almost made you quit and how did you get through them? I’m interested to hear what y’all have to say.
            Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment